RIVERSIDE SUPERIOR COURT
EXTENDS CLOSURE DATE
- Close Riverside County courthouses one (1) to two (2) Fridays per month;
- Reduce service hours to 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.; and/or
- Continue closures of the Corona, Hemet, Moreno Valley and Temecula courthouses until further notice.
Restoration of Court Services
Restoration of Services in Traffic Matters -
Restoration of Court Services in Civil Matters -
Restoration of Court Services in Criminal Matters -
Restoration of Court Services in Juvenile Law Matters -
Restoration of Services in Family Law Matters -
Restoration of Services in Probate Matters -
This notice is being sent on behalf of the Hon. John W. Vineyard, Presiding Judge of Riverside Superior Court. The full notice outlines the restoration of services and timeline in probate case matters.
Effective Monday, May 11, 2020, the court will rescind the court holiday provision for all non-emergency probate filings which was enacted pursuant to Government Code section 68115.
For more information on the Court’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the COVID-19 Court Operations website.
PRESS RELEASE & COURT UPDATES
Up to date information on the Riverside Court's response to the Covid-19 crisis is available on the Court's website.
- Update: Face Coverings Now Required to Enter County Courthouses: Click here (PDF)
- June 26, 2020 Update click here on extension of court closures for select locations (PDF)
- June 19, 2020 Riverside Superior Court to begin Live streaming Court Proceedings (PDF)
- June 11, 2020 Update click here on extension of court closures for select locations (PDF)
- May 28, 2020 Update click here for update on summons for jurors for criminal trials (PDF)
- May 14, 2020 Press Release click here for update about court closures (PDF)
- May 8, 2020 Press Release click here for court restoration of services in probate matters (PDF)
- April 29, 2020 Press Release click here for the news release about court closures (PDF)
- April 15, 2020 Press Release click here for the news release about court closures (PDF)
- April 1, 2020 Press Release click here for the news release about court closures (PDF).
- March 27, 2020 Press Release click here for the PDF document
- March 19, 2020 Press Release click here for the news release about court closures (PDF).
- March 17, 2020 Press Release click here for the PDF document.
For current information please visit the court websites directly at these links:
Riverside Court Self-Help Center Services
Riverside Courts Self-Help current services available
Effective immediately: You are encouraged to call or email the self-help center for self-help services in Family Law, Civil or probate matters.
SelfHelp@Riverside.Courts.Ca.Gov 951-274-4499 or 760-393-2163
Staff are able to:
✓Explain what it means for litigants to be their own attorney.
✓ Provide links to forms and answer specific questions.
✓ Provide legal information.
✓ Explain the court process/procedures.
Click here for more Details and en Español
RIVERSIDE COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT ORDERS
EXTENSION OF COURT CLOSURES
JUDICIAL COUNCIL OF CALIFORNIA
AMENDMENTS TO CALIFORNIA RULES OF COURT
The Library of Congress is offering webinars on a variety of legal research topics. Visit their website for a list of courses and more information.
RIVERSIDE COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
The Riverside County Bar Association hosts MCLEs and other events throughout the year. Visit their website to get more information about becoming a member, to learn about the many opportunities to connect with other legal professionals in the community, and complete MCLE credit hours.
Visit the Riverside County Bar Association website to view their calendar, and for more information on upcoming events.
Visit the RCBA website for more information on how to apply
Upcoming MCLE Events
CIVIL LITIGATION SECTION
- Going to trial? Tune in to learn how to discredit your opposing expert at trial.
- Learn best tactics to help you prepare for and take depositions of well-prepared expert witnesses for use at trial.
- Bonus: Tips to help you at your next virtual expert deposition.
The Riverside County's Office of County Council Volunteer Program offers unpaid student internships and volunteer opportunities at one of its four office locations on a year-round basis. Volunteers are provided the opportunity to explore different areas of law and develop skills to become valuable legal contributors to the local community by working closely with the civil public law attorneys and paralegals.
Visit their website for more information and steps on how to apply.
DESERT BAR ASSOCIATION EVENTS
The Desert Bar Association hosts events through out the year. Visit their website to get more information about becoming a member, to learn about the many opportunities to connect with other legal professionals in the community, and complete MCLE credit hours.
Visit the Desert Bar Association website to view their calendar, and for more information on upcoming events
Riverside Superior Court: Telephone/Remote Appearance Department Information
The court is beginning to resume hearings in certain case types. When your case is set for a hearing, the court will send you either a Notice of Hearing or Notice of Telephonic Hearing. Review this notice carefully, as it will indicate whether the hearing will be conducted live, in-person or telephonically (by phone).
- Note: if your notice instructs you to attend a hearing in-person, you must appear at the courthouse; if your notice instructs to appear telephonically, you must attend by phone, following the instructions on this page.
If you are not sure, please contact the court or your attorney, if you have one, for assistance. You may also check the status of your case online.
For more information and instructions on how to connect please visit the Riverside Superior Court Website.